Please arrive 15 minutes early for patient registration. If you arrive late, your appointment may be rescheduled. Failure to cancel a scheduled office appointment within 24 hours will result in a $25.00 fee charged to your account. Remember that a no show appointment (or calling at the last minute to cancel or reschedule an appointment) takes an opportunity away from those who need to see their doctor or have a test done urgently. Also, some procedures require that medication be ordered for your test, and no-showing or cancelling late may result in you being charged the cost of the medication that was purchased for your visit. If you have any questions, or need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact our office at 910-868-6730.
Please bring to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card(s)
- Completed patient forms
- Your co-payment or co-insurance (we accept cash, check or credit card)
- All of your medication bottles
To make your first visit run smoothly, take some time to print and fill out the following patient forms prior to your visit.
- New Patient Packet
- Preventative Health Consent
- Medicare Wellness Form
- We accept most insurance plans. For more information, call our office to speak to one of our staff members.
- Medication refill request should be made directly to your pharmacy. The pharmacy will contact our office for authorization.
- Patients that have not been seen within 6 months will need to schedule an appointment before medications will be refilled.
- Medication refills needed after hours, on weekends or holiday will result in a $25.00 charge to the patient.
- Please note that pain medication or antibiotics will not be called in under any circumstances.
We take the security of your medical records very serious. Confidential medical information will only be released with a signed medical release form from patient or their legal representative. You may download the medical request form below and return it by mail or fax to our office.
Please allow 21 days for medical records request to be completed.
Walk-in Clinic Hours:
ESTABLISHED PATIENTS: We will begin signing in established patients for same day problem visit at 7:30am. Walk in patient’s will be seen on a first come first serve basis and walk-ins will not be accepted after 9:30. We recommend that for the most efficient care and service that you call before arriving for a walk-in appointment.
NEW PATIENTS: We welcome new patients; however, you must call first and will not be seen during walk-in hours without a scheduled appointment. New patient will be sent to a triage nurse for better management.
Carolina Primary Care and Internal Medicine will be closed on the following calendar days:
New Year’s Day: January 1
Memorial Day: May vary year to year
Independence Day: July 4th
Labor Day: May vary year to year
Thanksgiving and the Friday after: May vary year to year
Christmas Eve: December 24 – Office will close at 12:00pm
Christmas: December 25